English for Examinations
• practise examinations in class
• start the path to your academic future
Preparing you for the IELTS examination and your academic future
Length: two or three weeks
Class: maximum 12 students
Lessons: 21 per week (note: one lesson = 55 minutes)
St Clare’s has a strong tradition of academic success. Our short examination courses help students to boost their prospects at university and in their working lives.
IELTS is the most popular English Language exam at St Clare’s:
- it tests your level in English
- it is widely used by universities in the UK and other countries as an entrance requirement
- it can be taken in Oxford every month.
FCE and CAE (two of the Cambridge Examinations) also have a very high reputation. They offer a qualification for life, and examinations may be taken in your home country three times a year.
This course is designed to prepare you for these examinations, giving you the best possible change of future success in your academic and working life. Examination courses at St Clare’s:
- are taught in small groups (max. 12)
- focus on improving the fluency and accuracy of academic language skills
- practise examination techniques
IELTS & Academic English
|09.00-11.00||Focus on accuracy|
|11.15-12.15||Focus on fluency|
Contact the Department
Highlights of the Adult Summer Courses at the International College, including study visits, excursions and social activities.
As part of their Leadership Course, students listened to fascinating talks by STV CEO Rob Woodward and former editor of the Guardian newspaper Alan Rusbridger.
As just one of many trips and excursions offered to students studying on our Summer School we took a trip on a glorious sunny day to Windsor Castle, one of the many homes of Her Majesty The Queen. Windsor is only a 1 hour drive from Oxford. Have a look at some of the...
- tuition (21 lessons per week) — teaching materials
- college accommodation with self-catering facilities
- homestay with breakfast and dinner every day
- activities Programme – a full range of activities, sports and local trips
- one FREE excursion per week
- lunch Monday – Friday
- travel insurance
- please read our Terms & Conditions
|Tuition and Accommodation prices|
|Room type||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||Extra week|
|Single Standard (includes breakfast
and dinner every day)
|Single Superior (includes breakfast
and dinner every day)
- College Meals – breakfast and dinner every day – £90 per week
- Visa Support documents – £25
- Airport Transfers
Calculate the cost of your course
Select when you would like to come to Oxford, decide on which course you would like to do and choose the type of accommodation you would like
We offer our students a private transfer service by car from all the major London airports — Gatwick, Heathrow, Luton, Stansted, and London City airport, as well as train or bus stations. Our airport transfer prices are given below.
|Airport transfer one way|
|London Heathrow (LHR)||£115|
|London Gatwick (LGW)||£170|
|London Luton (LTN)||£135|
|London Stansted (STN)||£165|