Art in Oxford
• develop your techniques and perspectives
• two-week course in July
Improve your Visual Arts skills this summer
This course is designed for students who want to develop their techniques, perspectives, and portfolio for their current studies or for students who would like to try something new this summer.
Why improve your Visual Arts skills?
The compilation of a comprehensive portfolio and sketchbook for your school studies is a time-consuming process. Blocks of uninterrupted time to develop ideas, experiment, and reflect are often hard for students to find in a busy school timetable. This Visual Arts course helps you find this time, making it possible for you to create an engaging portfolio that reflects your abilities.
Enhance and develop your portfolio
The Visual Arts course will provide you with the time, the space, and a multitude of resources to enable you to enhance, refine, and develop your portfolio.
The course provides you with:
- expert guidance from highly experienced art teachers
- full access and studio time in a brand new, well-equipped state of the art studio
- inspirational visits to museums and galleries
- tuition as required in a multitude of techniques
- experience mounting and exhibiting work
- the opportunity to meet and work with practising local artists
Studio-time: You will be able to dedicate whole mornings or afternoons to work on a particular project whilst benefiting from advice and guidance of our teachers.
New techniques: You will have the opportunity to learn and develop a wide range of artistic techniques including:
- darkroom and digital photographing, editing, and displaying
- 2D drawing, painting, printmaking, illustrating, designing, and exhibiting
- 3D textiles, fashion and casting
Inspirational visits: There are many places in Oxford to view the work of other artists to seek inspiration. Visits will include the Ashmolean Museum, the Museum of Modern Art Oxford, and the Christchurch Picture Gallery, as well as less obvious venues famed for their architecture and unusual artefacts.
Exhibition: You will work towards the final Friday when you will present your work in an exhibition for your classmates and specially invited local artists.
|Dates 2018||Number of weeks||Price|
|Sunday 8 July – Saturday 21 July
Contact the Department
What is included?
- residential accommodation in double or triple rooms
OR single room in homestay with a local host
- full board — three meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- teaching materials including a student folder
- certificate of attendance and academic report
- bed linen and towels
- one excursion per week including entrance fees
- full programme of social, cultural, and sporting activities in the afternoons and evenings
- travel and medical insurance
- please read our Terms and Conditions
Not included in the fees:
- airport transfers
- personal spending money. We advise £70 per week for personal expenses and extra excursions
- damage deposit of £30 (payable on arrival and refundable at the end of stay)
- express courier fees £25 (if required for visa documents)
- assisted airport check-in service on departure — a fee of £30 will be added to your invoice
- arrangements for meeting or checking in unaccompanied minors — a fee of £70 will be charged for this service
- occasional optional activities (disco, ice-skating, pizza-making, for example) which vary from £5 – £10.
Highlights of the Adult Summer Courses at the International College, including study visits, excursions and social activities.
As part of their Leadership Course, students listened to fascinating talks by STV CEO Rob Woodward and former editor of the Guardian newspaper Alan Rusbridger.
As just one of many trips and excursions offered to students studying on our Summer School we took a trip on a glorious sunny day to Windsor Castle, one of the many homes of Her Majesty The Queen. Windsor is only a 1 hour drive from Oxford. Have a look at some of the...