Model United Nations
For St Clare’s International Day, the IB students and staff attended the St. Clare’s Model United Nations’ Conference which was held at Oxford Town Hall. The objective for the day was for students to gather in committees to debate about the current world’s largest social, economic and political crises. The results of the Model United Nations were that resolutions were passed and students become passionately involved in arguing the viewpoint of their chosen countries
This year the topics discussed among the committees were:
- Politics Committee – How to end the age of terrorism
- EcoSoc Committee – Rights of migrant workers
- Health Committee – Establishing the parameters of Global Immunisation
- Human Rights Committee – Rights and Safety of Journalists
- History Committee – Korean War Crisis
- Economics Committee – Peaceful Uses of Outer Space
Having studied the IB Diploma from 2012-2014 Nikita is now studying at the University of St Andrews. Alongside his studies he was able to start up The Quant Group as-well as hold an international conference about quant finance. We have caught up with him to see how he...
St Clare’s students have had their artwork included in a special exhibit in the University of Wisconsin, featuring children affected by the Syrian war.
Find out where we ranked in the Times Newspaper’s Top 30 Schools, following our excellent results in the International Baccalaureate.