Exceptional IB examination results
St Clare’s is pleased to announce an outstanding set of results in the May 2018 exams. This reflects the outstanding work of students and staff together.
- Once again an outstandingly high IB score of 36 points against a world average of 30
- Nearly all our students gained higher than the world average for IB
- 65% of our students gained 35 points or better, the equivalent of AAA at A Level
- For the 12th time in 13 years, we have a student gaining 45 points, a result gained by only 0.2% of students around the world
- 22 of our subjects were at least one full point above the world average
- In 4 subjects, 100% of students gained a 7
- In 11 subjects more than half the grades awarded were 7s
- Physics and Chemistry HL had over 40% of their grades at 7
|Students with 40 points or more||31%||25%||26%||24%||25%||18%|
|Students with 30 points or more||92%||87%||98%||93%||94%||93%|
|Students with 24 points or more||99%||100%||100%||100%||98%||99%|
The maximum score is 45 points and the pass mark is 24 points.
Big congratulation to our IB class of 2018! St Clare’s students achieved outstanding results with an average score of 36 points. The average score worldwide is 30 points. Students have gained places at Oxford, LSE and top universities around the world. For...
On the 29 April 2018, 11 IB students and 4 teachers visited Bletchley Park, the place which was once the central site for British codebreakers during World War Two. The location, famous for where Alan Turing broke the enigma code is perfect our history students as...
On Monday 26 March the IB1 students were given a career's launch day where they attended career focused sessions tailored to their application plans and subject interests. This ranged from talks on taking a gap year to writing personal statements. We were extremely...