• individual lessons with your own teacher
• great exams or career development
English Combination — classes and private lessons
Level: elementary to advanced CEF A1 to C2
Length: two weeks to 12 months+
Class: maximum 12 students in group classes and one student in private lessons
Lessons: 15 group + 5 one to one per week (13.75 + 4.6 hours)
Is this summer course for me?: Yes, if you want to focus on your specific language and professional needs plus have group lessons to improve your general English language skills
The programme consists of 20 lessons per week:
- 15 in small groups (max. 12) and
- five in private lessons (One-to-One)
Group classes focus on developing greater accuracy and greater fluency in the use of English. Lessons incorporate the four skills — reading, writing, listening and speaking — as well as the building-blocks of the language — grammar and vocabulary.
Private One-to-One lessons provide individual attention from your own Personal Language Trainer. This is an excellent way to focus specifically on making that extra progress — it might just make the difference!
Contact the Department
Students from our Teenager Courses headed to Stratford Upon-Avon for a walking tour as one of the many excursions we offer. They visited the iconic places around the town including William's Shakespeare's house, his school and the famous Royal Shakespeare...
Oxford is a popular destination for many, attracting students and tourists from all over the world. The city has so much to offer, from iconic English heritage to its quaint cafes and restaurants. If you needed more convincing, here are our top ten reasons to...
A Harold Pinter Play The IB19 held a great rendition of Harold Pinter’s ‘Party Time’. The students have been working with techniques from physical theatre, inspired by the work of the Frantic Assembly theatre company. With a minimalist style, the production used a...
The One-to-One lessons
With your personal tutor you will make the maximum English language progress in the shortest possible time.
Focus on your specific language needs
If you have just a week or two to spare, our one-to-one lessons allow you to focus directly on your personal English language development. Over the past year, for example, we have built the confidence and improved the performance of individuals from across the world and supported their professional, academic, and personal language needs as follows:
1. Professional language — for business, finance, education, medicine, law
- the language and strategies for good presentations and negotiations
- cross-cultural sensitivity and awareness
- drafting and re-drafting articles for professional journals
Recent trainees: a senior academic (the Netherlands), CEO media company (South Korea), legal adviser (Brazil)
2. Academic language — for students, undergraduates, and post-graduates
- note-taking and report writing skills
- presentations for seminars
- SATs: academic reasoning training
- linguistic support for dissertations
Recent trainees: postgraduate student (United Arab Emirates), pre-Masters student (China)
3. Personal language — for confidence, examinations, travel, and leisure
- voice training: projection, intonation and stress, accent reduction
- support for “false beginners” who have a mismatch of reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills
- tips and practice for specific examinations — IELTS, Cambridge Exams, Business English Certificates (BEC)
Recent trainees: accountant (Qatar), retired businessman (Japan), fashion buyer (South Korea), property developer (Saudi Arabia), gap year student (Germany).
The course path involves a number of critical stages supported by a tutor from our experienced team:
- Self-evaluation (your needs and wants)
- Diagnosis (analysis and targets)
- Monitoring (progress checks and updates)
- Self-study (preparation and follow-up tasks)
- Feedback (continuous learning ideas)
Our One-to-One team
We have a wide panel of tutors with English language and life skills. You can be sure that the Director of Studies matches our expertise with your personal needs.
|Tuition and Accommodation package price|
|Room type||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||Extra week|
|Homestay includes breakfast and dinner everyday|
- College Meals – breakfast and dinner every day – £90 per week
- Visa Support documents – £25
- Airport Transfers
Activities and excursions
We have an exciting programme of sports and social activities to complement your academic studies — and we want you to get involved:
- full-day excursions at the weekend
- half-day excursions during the week
- sporting and craft events
- cultural and other fun activities
During the summer period (from mid-June to late August), the key features include:
- ONE FREE EXCURSION EACH WEEK (included in the course price)
- activities and events (included in the course price)
- additional events and excursions (at cost price)
St. Clare’s offers a private transfer service by car. We collect students from all the major London airports — Gatwick, Heathrow, Luton, Stansted, London City airport, and train or bus stations. Our airport transfer prices are given below.
|Airport transfer one way|
|London Heathrow (LHR)||£115|
|London Gatwick (LGW)||£170|
|London Luton (LTN)||£135|
|London Stansted (STN)||£165|