English for Life
A wider range of vocabulary
Better pronunciation and greater fluency in speaking
Summer Courses in 2021
We had hoped that travel restrictions would be relaxed in time for us to run summer courses in July and August this year.
Due to the complexity of the shifting situation and the fact that families need certainty, it is with a heavy heart that all face-to-face summer courses are cancelled for 2021. The welfare of students and staff remains our number one priority.
English for Life
|Level:||From upper intermediate (CEF B2) to advanced (CEF C2)|
|Start dates:||June – August 2022|
|Course length:||2, 3 or 4 weeks|
|Start date:||26 June, 10 July, 24 July, 7 August and 14 August 2022|
|Tuition Fees:||From £1,302|
|Start date:||3 July, 24 July and 7 August 2022|
|Tuition Fees:||From £1,953|
|Start date:||26 June and 31 July 2022|
|Tuition Fees:||From £2,604|
|Class size:||12-15 students|
|Lessons (hours):||21 (19.25) Monday to Friday|
|Fees include:||Tuition, accommodation, lunch, travel insurance, activities, sports and 1 excursion per week|
|Accommodation:||College residence or homestay|
|Timetable:||English for Life sample timetable|
|Calculate course:||Calculate the cost of your course|
|Optional extras:||Additional Excursions/Activities – £5 – £30|
|Airport transfers from £120 – Depending on pick-up location|
|Courier charges for visa support documents – £25|
|Exam entry for IELTS/Cambridge suite £180 – £210|
|1-to-1 English language lessons – £59 per lesson|
|Breakfast and dinner everyday – £98|
|Quarantine package – Please contact us for details|
|Terms & Conditions|
Develop your English language skills for every day use
- Small international classrooms: Progress your English language skills in small groups with other non-native speakers
- Study Visits: Take your language learning outside the classroom to local places of interest in the beautiful city of Oxford
- Build your language confidence: Improve your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills to support your learning goals
- Flexible study programme: Study with us from 6 weeks up to a full academic year
- Personal tutor: Develop your language and exam skills with a teacher to guide you
- Wide-ranging activities and excursions: Discover new hobbies, explore new cultural experiences or visit somewhere new
- More than a study experience: Establish life-long friendships with international students from over 20 countries
- Accredited by the British Council (BC) and the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) for the teaching of English
- Teaching experience: Over 60 years experience in teaching English to non-native speakers in an international community
- Close to London: Oxford has a good geographic location and is only is an hour from London by train
- Weekly Themes: Learning is engaging and and includes study activities outside the classroom based on our topical themes
- Specialist membership: A member of Quality English and English UK.
- This course is tailored to help international students develop their English grammar and vocabulary alongside their reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Teaching is excellent and promotes successful learning – ISI PFE March 2019
Other short summer courses
We offer a range of summer courses for adults depending on your personal learning goals.
Summer course enquiry
Please fill in this form to submit an enquiry about our English for Life course.
You may also wish to get in touch to arrange a campus tour or find out what it is like to live and study in the city of Oxford.
Back to top ^