English for Life
A wider range of vocabulary
Better pronunciation and greater fluency in speaking
English for Life
|Level:||From upper intermediate (CEF B2) to advanced (CEF C2)|
|Start dates:||27 June, 11 July and 25 July 2021|
|Course length:||2, 3 or 4 weeks|
|Class size:||12 – 15 students|
|Lessons (hours):||24 (22) Monday to Friday|
|Lesson type:||20 in a group and 4 teacher-guided self-study sessions|
|Fees:||From £642 per week|
|Fees include:||Tuition, accommodation, lunch, travel insurance, activities, sports and 1 excursion per week|
|Timetable:||English for Life sample timetable|
|Optional extras:||Additional Excursions/Activities – £5 – £30|
|Airport transfers from £120 – Depending on pick-up location|
|Courier charges for visa support documents – £25|
|Exam entry for IELTS/Cambridge suite £180 – £210|
|1-to-1 English language lessons – £59 per lesson|
|Calculate course:||Calculate the cost of your course|
|Terms & Conditions|
Develop your English language skills for every day use
- Small international classrooms: Progress your English language skills in small groups with other non-native speakers
- Study Visits: Take your language learning outside the classroom to local places of interest in the beautiful city of Oxford
- Build your language confidence: Improve your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills to support your learning goals
- Flexible study programme: Study with us from 6 weeks up to a full academic year
- Personal tutor: Develop your language and exam skills with a teacher to guide you
- Wide-ranging activities and excursions: Discover new hobbies, explore new cultural experiences or visit somewhere new
- More than a study experience: Establish life-long friendships with international students from over 20 countries
- Accredited by the British Council (BC) and the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) for the teaching of English
- Teaching experience: Over 60 years experience in teaching English to non-native speakers in an international community
- Close to London: Oxford has a good geographic location and is only is an hour from London by train
- Weekly Themes: Learning is engaging and and includes study activities outside the classroom based on our topical themes
- Specialist membership: A member of Quality English and English UK.
- This course is tailored to help international students develop their English grammar and vocabulary alongside their reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Teaching is excellent and promotes successful learning – ISI PFE March 2019
Summer price list and dates
Course package for adults
Our adult course prices include tuition, accommodation, meals, insurance, activities, sports and 1 excursion per week.
We look forward to welcoming you to Oxford this summer. For those that need to quarantine, we have set up 2 quarantine arrival days on 1 July and 15 July 2021. You will need to purchase an additional 10 day quarantine package which includes:
- 15 hours English & Culture (10 hours live online classes + 5 hours self-study)
- Access to the residential house garden where you are staying
- Evening COVID safe activities online
- Make friends with students in the same bubble
- Access to protective equipment like face masks and hand sanitisers
- Accommodation in our college residence
- Welfare support – daily call or chat with our staff
- Full board – meals delivered to your room
- Price for 10 days is £590
After the quarantine period face-to-face teaching resumes. We would like to reassure you that our current precautions have already reduced the risks within the school environment. Our COVID web page includes the latest updates. We have also put together Covid-19 FAQs to help you plan your visit.
Other short summer courses
We offer a range of summer courses for adults depending on your personal learning goals.
Summer course enquiry
Please fill in this form to submit an enquiry about our English for Life course.
You may also wish to get in touch to arrange a campus tour or find out what it is like to live and study in the city of Oxford.
Back to top ^