• aimed at the more serious student
• focus on fluency and accuracy
• develop English for academic work
• examination practice
Discover new English language and academic study skills this summer
The Intensive and Examination English course is aimed at the more serious student. It combines integrated English Language skills, academic study skills, and examination practice with a range of activities and excursions.
|English Language development: 25 lessons per week
Level: from intermediate to advanced
Length: three weeks
Class size: 12 maximum
Lessons focus on:
- accuracy and fluency skills: grammar, listening, speaking, reading and writing activities, conversation practice, role plays, debates, discussions, presentations
- English for Academic Purposes and Examination skills: note-taking, research, IELTS and Cambridge Examination preparation
Your teachers have high expectations and encourage you to work hard both inside and outside the classroom, with regular homework tasks and weekly progress tests.
Note: one lesson=55 minutes
|Dates||Number of weeks||Price|
|Sunday 1 July – Saturday 21 July
|Sunday 22 July – Saturday 11 August
Contact the Department
Our amazing, brilliant and nutty Course Director for the Junior Summer Course Nina Ward celebrated her 20th year with us at St Clare's! Her daily tasks involve running the busy and fun packed Junior Course as well as ensuring students settle in happily and smoothly....
Highlights of the Adult Summer Courses at the International College, including study visits, excursions and social activities.
As part of their Leadership Course, students listened to fascinating talks by STV CEO Rob Woodward and former editor of the Guardian newspaper Alan Rusbridger.