• aimed at the more serious student
• focus on fluency and accuracy
• develop English for academic work
• examination practice
Discover new English language and academic study skills this summer
The Intensive and Examination English course is aimed at the more serious student. It combines integrated English Language skills, academic study skills, and examination practice with a range of activities and excursions.
|English Language development: 25 lessons per week
Level: from intermediate to advanced
Length: three weeks
Class size: 12 maximum
Lessons focus on:
- accuracy and fluency skills: grammar, listening, speaking, reading and writing activities, conversation practice, role plays, debates, discussions, presentations
- English for Academic Purposes and Examination skills: note-taking, research, IELTS and Cambridge Examination preparation
Your teachers have high expectations and encourage you to work hard both inside and outside the classroom, with regular homework tasks and weekly progress tests.
Note: one lesson=55 minutes
|Dates||Number of weeks||Price|
|Sunday 1 July – Saturday 21 July
|Sunday 22 July – Saturday 11 August
Contact the Department
Highlights of the Adult Summer Courses at the International College, including study visits, excursions and social activities.
As part of their Leadership Course, students listened to fascinating talks by STV CEO Rob Woodward and former editor of the Guardian newspaper Alan Rusbridger.
As just one of many trips and excursions offered to students studying on our Summer School we took a trip on a glorious sunny day to Windsor Castle, one of the many homes of Her Majesty The Queen. Windsor is only a 1 hour drive from Oxford. Have a look at some of the...