• learn English and have fun
• go on great trips
Come to Oxford this summer!
This is our most popular course for teenagers. This interactive course creates links between learning English in the classroom and discovering more about the wide range of opportunities in Oxford.
|English Language development: 21 lessons per week
Level: from elementary to advanced
Length: two – nine weeks
Class size: 15 maximum
How does it work?
- we test you on the first day and place you into a group that suits your level
- morning classes (five days a week): we will focus on the primary skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing; you will increase your fluency and accuracy; and extend the range of your vocabulary
- afternoon classes (three days a week): these will be the Active Learning Projects – they encourage you to “activate” your language skills in imaginative and exciting ways with themes such as:
- Oxford’s contribution to Scientific Innovation or
- Art, Architecture and Design or
- the Global Environment and other similar themes
What are Active Language projects?
There are three basic stages:
- Preparation — input from the teacher or your research
- Development — organising and sharing ideas with other members of your class
- Production — a presentation or a performance that concludes the activity
There’s always a clear language outcome, which you will move towards during the week. All your teachers are fully qualified and aim to increase your confidence and accuracy when speaking and writing in English.
Here are some examples of how you will use your English:
- class magazine, photo display, digital story
- competitive quiz, questionnaire, or treasure trail
- presentation (visual, oral) based on a study visit to a location within Oxford
- you receive a certificate and report on the final day based on your progress during the course.
Contact the Department
Students from our Teenager Courses headed to Stratford Upon-Avon for a walking tour as one of the many excursions we offer. They visited the iconic places around the town including William's Shakespeare's house, his school and the famous Royal Shakespeare...
Oxford is a popular destination for many, attracting students and tourists from all over the world. The city has so much to offer, from iconic English heritage to its quaint cafes and restaurants. If you needed more convincing, here are our top ten reasons to...
Our amazing, brilliant and nutty Course Director for the Junior Summer Course Nina Ward celebrated her 20th year with us at St Clare's! Her daily tasks involve running the busy and fun packed Junior Course as well as ensuring students settle in happily and...