St Clare’s started in 1953 in just one house on the Banbury Road in Summertown, an elegant area of north Oxford, one kilometre from the centre of the city.
Expanding from its original nucleus just south of Summertown, as student numbers have increased over the decades, more houses have been purchased for student accommodation and extra facilities have been developed in new or existing buildings. Recent developments have included a new art studio, mathematics classrooms, and science laboratories, plus additional top-quality accommodation in award-winning buildings within our gardens and grounds.
In 1998 St Clare’s acquired an English language school in Bardwell Road, just two main streets away from the original buildings. Our IB World School and teenager summer courses are centred on our Banbury Road campus, while our International College academic centre for adults is based at our Bardwell Road campus.