Art Studio options
If you study Visual Art as part of the IB diploma curriculum work, or choose to do it as one of your CAS Experiences, or even if you want to enjoy creating works in your spare time, you will be able to use our wonderful new art studio. Our experienced teachers will help and inspire you to enjoy what you create whilst here and will help you with applications to college or university if you want to continue your studies.
The art studio has been designed so that students have the opportunity to experience working with different art-making forms below:
- Drawing: such as charcoal, pencil, ink
- Painting: such as acrylic, oil, watercolour
- Printmaking: such as relief, intaglio, silk-screen, chine collé
- Graphics: such as illustration and design
- Sculpture: such as ceramics, found objects, wood, assemblage
- Designed objects: such as fashion, architectural, vessels
- Site specific / ephemeral: such as land art, installation, mural
- Textiles: such as fibre, weaving, printed fabric
Lens-based, electronic and screen-based forms
- Time-based and sequential art: such as animation, graphic novel, storyboard
- Lens media: such as still, moving, montage
- Digital/screen based: such as vector graphics, software generated
The studio is specially equipped with an intaglio press, mannequins, sewing machines, a photographic darkroom, and a high resolution interactive digital screen. It is also well stocked with a range of art materials. IB students have their own individual storage spaces for A1 portfolios and sketchbooks. The studio is well-lit and the north wall is covered with magnetic exhibition boards for easy and flexible displays of work.
Students studying on our Visual Arts course in summer or as part of their Liberal Arts Programme can enjoy using these facilities and have plenty of time to improve their skills, build their own portfolio and new techniques.
Find out where we ranked in the Times Newspaper’s Top 30 Schools, following our excellent results in the International Baccalaureate.
An IB student writes about what it’s like to live and study at St Clare’s. Abbygail from China discusses every-day life at our college and why she loves it.
We are once again overjoyed with our IB results!