Exceptional IB examination results
We’re delighted to announce an impressive set of results in the May 2017 exams.
- Four students gained the magic 45 points, a grade achieved by only 0.2% of students around the world
- An average points score of 36; this compares very favourably to the world average of 30
- A 97% pass rate; the world pass rate is 79%.
- 60% of students with 35 points or more (considered equivalent to over 4 grade As at A level).
- A quarter of our students gained the elite category of 40+ points, putting them in the top 5% in the world.
- 21 subjects had average scores of one grade or more higher than the world average.
|Comparison of St Clare’s 2017 results with previous years|
|Students with 40 points or more||24%||22%||31%||25%||26%||24%||25%|
|Students with 30 points or more||91%||90%||92%||87%||98%||93%||95%|
|Students with 24 points or more||100%||99%||99%||100%||100%||100%||98%|
The maximum score is 45 points and the pass mark is 24 points
Principal Andy Rattue said:
“Behind the statistics, results of this quality do not happen by accident. They are the result of consistent hard work by the students themselves, supportive families and the professional approach, care and expertise of our superb staff over the last two or three years.
These results are all the more remarkable when you consider that most of our students are not native English speakers and they have been living away from home. I offer them my heartiest congratulations! It is also good to know that they are thoughtful and socially responsible young people with interests beyond the classroom, strong leadership skills and an international perspective which will stand them in very good stead for university and in their future careers. We hope that they will stay in touch with us and remain part of the St Clare’s family”.
These outstanding results have seen 6 of our students accepted into Oxford and Cambridge, one to Harvard, and 4 going on to study Medicine, to name just a few.
Find out where we ranked in the Times Newspaper’s Top 30 Schools, following our excellent results in the International Baccalaureate.
An IB student writes about what it’s like to live and study at St Clare’s. Abbygail from China discusses every-day life at our college and why she loves it.
We are once again overjoyed with our IB results!