Our mission and values
St Clare’s mission ‘advance international education and understanding‘ underpins our approach to the teaching experience and our values in promoting international-mindedness. We welcome students and staff from all nationalities and cultures. Living and studying together, we learn from one another. We are enriched and challenged by the diversity of views and ideas.
‘To advance international education and understanding’.
Our truly international community makes it a special place to study
As you walk through the college, you will hear languages from all over the world being spoken. Making international friendships, students actively improve their linguistic and intercultural competence, whilst strengthening character and social skills. Our strong sense of community creates a supportive environment and encourages a culture of mutual respect and trust. We are proud of the diversity of our student body and the impact it has on the culture and life of the college.
We have a forward-thinking approach to education which provides positive preparation for university and professional life. Our unique teaching approach nurtures students and provides a platform for personal development within the student experience. Many of our students exude the following attributes:
- Develops environmental awareness and responsibility
- Takes personal responsibility for learning and conduct
- Develops an enduring commitment to global citizenship through cultural awareness
- Challenges ideas and develops independence of mind
- Engages in creative, aesthetic, and physical activities to encourage imagination and promote wellbeing
- Values honesty, compassion, open-mindedness and intercultural understanding
- Demonstrates a lifelong passion for learning.
We are committed to extending this experience to students from a wide range of backgrounds, and so offer scholarships and bursaries to make learning accessible. We seek to nurture inquiring minds with a lifelong passion for learning.
Back to top ^