English for Examinations
• practise examinations in class
• start the path to your academic future
Preparing you for the IELTS examination and your academic future
Length: two or three weeks
Class: maximum 12 students
Lessons: 21 per week (note: one lesson = 55 minutes)
St Clare’s has a strong tradition of academic success. Our short examination courses help students to boost their prospects at university and in their working lives.
IELTS is the most popular English Language exam at St Clare’s:
- it tests your level in English
- it is widely used by universities in the UK and other countries as an entrance requirement
- it can be taken in Oxford every month.
FCE and CAE (two of the Cambridge Examinations) also have a very high reputation. They offer a qualification for life, and examinations may be taken in your home country three times a year.
This course is designed to prepare you for these examinations, giving you the best possible change of future success in your academic and working life. Examination courses at St Clare’s:
- are taught in small groups (max. 12)
- focus on improving the fluency and accuracy of academic language skills
- practise examination techniques
IELTS & Academic English
|09.00-11.00||Focus on accuracy|
|11.15-12.15||Focus on fluency|
Contact the Department
A Harold Pinter Play The IB19 held a great rendition of Harold Pinter’s ‘Party Time’. The students have been working with techniques from physical theatre, inspired by the work of the Frantic Assembly theatre company. With a minimalist style, the production used a...
Our amazing, brilliant and nutty Course Director for the Junior Summer Course Nina Ward celebrated her 20th year with us at St Clare's! Her daily tasks involve running the busy and fun packed Junior Course as well as ensuring students settle in happily and smoothly....
Highlights of the Adult Summer Courses at the International College, including study visits, excursions and social activities.
- tuition (21 lessons per week) — teaching materials
- college accommodation with self-catering facilities
- homestay with breakfast and dinner every day
- activities Programme – a full range of activities, sports and local trips
- one FREE excursion per week
- lunch Monday – Friday
- travel insurance
- please read our Terms & Conditions
|Tuition and Accommodation prices|
|Room type||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||Extra week|
|Single Standard (includes breakfast
and dinner every day)
|Single Superior (includes breakfast
and dinner every day)
- College Meals – breakfast and dinner every day – £90 per week
- Visa Support documents – £25
- Airport Transfers
Calculate the cost of your course
|Airport transfer one way|
|London Heathrow (LHR)||£115|
|London Gatwick (LGW)||£170|
|London Luton (LTN)||£135|
|London Stansted (STN)||£165|