Art and Digital Design in Oxford
• Enhance your digital design skills
• Expand your English language vocabulary
Improve your Art and Digital Design skills this summer
This course is designed for students who want to develop their techniques, perspectives, and portfolio for their current studies or for students who would like to try something new this summer.
|Age:||15-17 years old|
|Level:||From upper intermediate (CEF B2) to very advanced (CEF C2)|
|Start dates:||11 July 2021|
|Course length:||2 weeks|
|Class size:||Maximum 12 students|
|Lessons (hours):||25 (22.9 hours) Monday to Friday|
|Fees include:||Tuition, accommodation, meals, travel insurance, activities, sports and 1 excursion per week|
|Accommodation:||College residence or homestay|
|Timetable:||Art and Digital Design in Oxford sample timetable|
|Optional extras:||Airport transfers|
|Terms & Conditions|
Why improve your design skills?
The compilation of a comprehensive portfolio and sketchbook for your school studies is a time-consuming process. Blocks of uninterrupted time to develop ideas, experiment, and reflect are often hard for students to find in a busy school timetable. This Arts and Digital Design course helps you find this time, making it possible for you to create an engaging portfolio that reflects your abilities.
Enhance and develop your portfolio
Our Art and Digital Design course provides the expertise of specialist art teachers and modern teaching spaces to enable you to enhance, refine, and develop your portfolio.
The course provides you with:
- expert guidance from highly experienced art teachers
- full access and studio time in a brand new, well-equipped state of the art studio
- inspirational visits to museums and galleries
- tuition as required in a multitude of techniques
- experience mounting and exhibiting work
- the opportunity to meet and work with practising local artists
We are a member of the English UK specialist group for Young Learners
Studio-time: You will be able to dedicate whole mornings or afternoons to work on a particular project whilst benefiting from advice and guidance of our teachers.
New techniques: You will have the opportunity to learn and develop a wide range of artistic techniques including:
- darkroom and digital photographing, editing, and displaying
- 2D drawing, painting, printmaking, illustrating, designing, and exhibiting
- 3D textiles, fashion and casting
Inspirational visits: There are many places in Oxford to view the work of other artists to seek inspiration. Visits will include the Ashmolean Museum, the Museum of Modern Art Oxford, and the Christchurch Picture Gallery, as well as less obvious venues famed for their architecture and unusual artefacts.
Exhibition: You will work towards the final Friday when you will present your work in an exhibition for your classmates and specially invited local artists.
Summer courses price list and dates
Our summer course package for teenagers
Our teenager course prices include tuition, accommodation, meals, insurance, activities, sports and 1 excursion per week.
Quarantine package for teenagers
We look forward to welcoming you to Oxford this summer. For those that need to quarantine, we have set up 3 quarantine arrival days – 24 June, 01 July and 15 July. These students will need to purchase an additional 10 day quarantine package which includes:
- 15 hours English & Culture (10 hours live online classes + 5 hours self-study)
- Access to the residential house garden where you are staying
- Evening COVID safe activities online
- Make friends with students in the same bubble
- Access to protective equipment like face masks and hand sanitisers
- Accommodation in our college residence
- Welfare support – daily call or chat with our staff
- Full board – meals delivered to your room
- Price for 10 days is £590
After the quarantine period face-to-face teaching resumes. We would like to reassure you that our current precautions have already reduced the risks within the school environment. Our COVID web page includes the latest updates. We have also put together Covid-19 FAQs to help you plan for your visit.
Summer course enquiry
Please fill in this form to submit an enquiry on our Art and Digital Design course.
You may also wish to get in touch to arrange a campus tour or find out what it is like to live and study in the city of Oxford.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Back to top ^