Business and Leadership in Oxford
• Expands vocabulary for Business and Economics
• Connects enterprise with the classroom
Summer Courses in 2021
We had hoped that travel restrictions would be relaxed in time for us to run summer courses in July and August this year.
Due to the complexity of the shifting situation and the fact that families need certainty, it is with a heavy heart that all face-to-face summer courses are cancelled for 2021. The welfare of students and staff remains our number one priority.
Business and Leadership in Oxford is a summer course for teenagers
This course will help you develop the core skills for an international career. The programme develops collaborative and cooperative learning and includes a visit to a business in Oxford and presentation by a guest speaker with first-hand experience of the world of business.
|Age:||16+ years old|
|Level:||From upper intermediate (CEF B2) to very advanced (CEF C2)|
|Start dates:||Online course 28 June 2021 / On campus course June – August 2022|
|Course length:||2 weeks|
|Class size:||Maximum 12 students|
|Lessons (hours):||25 (22.9 hours) Monday to Friday|
|Fees include:||Tuition, accommodation, meals, travel insurance, activities, sports and 2 excursions per week|
|Accommodation:||College residence or homestay|
|Timetable:||Business and Leadership in Oxford sample timetable|
|Optional extras:||Airport transfers|
|Terms & Conditions|
Business in Oxford prepares you for academic study in business or economics
- Prepare for further academic study: Develop your core skills in business or economics whilst improving your English language vocabulary and fluency
- Academic teaching approach: Our academic programme focuses on the business environment and includes a range of activities which are based around a Theme-of-the-Week
- Engaging insight on the business environment: Our study approach combines with the academic resources available in Oxford, these include inspirational Guest Speakers and Study Visits which enable you to experience a professional business environment first-hand
- Exciting excursions: Our rich study programme enables you to discover more about Oxford and cities like London in the UK
- International outlook: Our global student body exposes you to interesting insight on cultural differences which can impact business decisions. It also gives you the opportunity to meet and develop international friendships, which can help you establish your global business networks
- Dedicated support: Our class sizes are a maximum of 12 students. You will benefit from a high staff to student ratio, and will be nurtured and supported throughout your studies
- Develop specialist skills: Learn how to thrive in the business environment and develop experience of team work, as well as interview techniques, CV writing and presentation skills
- Enhance communication skills: Gain experience of persuasive communication skills through activities like classroom debates on topical issues
- Creative thinking: Explore a personal business research project on Business or Economics
A member of the English UK specialist group for Young Learners
Summer courses price list and dates
Our summer course package for teenagers
Our teenager course prices include tuition, accommodation, meals, insurance, activities, sports and 1 excursion per week.
Quarantine package for teenagers
We look forward to welcoming you to Oxford this summer. For those that need to quarantine, we have set up 2 quarantine arrival days – 01 July and 15 July. These students will need to purchase an additional 10 day quarantine package which includes:
- 15 hours English & Culture (10 hours live online classes + 5 hours self-study)
- Access to the residential house garden where you are staying
- Evening COVID safe activities online
- Make friends with students in the same bubble
- Access to protective equipment like face masks and hand sanitisers
- Accommodation in our college residence
- Welfare support – daily call or chat with our staff
- Full board – meals delivered to your room
- Price for 10 days is £590
After the quarantine period face-to-face teaching resumes. We would like to reassure you that our current precautions have already reduced the risks within the school environment. Our COVID web page includes the latest updates. We have also put together Covid-19 FAQs to help you plan for your visit.
Summer course enquiry
Please fill in this form to submit an enquiry on our Business in Oxford course.
You may also wish to get in touch to arrange a campus tour or find out what it is like to live and study in the city of Oxford.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Back to top ^