• Academic English development in Oxford
• Enhance language accuracy and fluency
• Prepares you for exam success
• Exam practise for IELTS and Cambridge tests
Summer Courses in 2021
We had hoped that travel restrictions would be relaxed in time for us to run summer courses in July and August this year.
Due to the complexity of the shifting situation and the fact that families need certainty, it is with a heavy heart that all face-to-face summer courses are cancelled for 2021. The welfare of students and staff remains our number one priority.
Intensive English is an academic English course for teenagers
|Age:||15-17 years old|
|Level:||From intermediate (CEF B1) to advanced (CEF C2)|
|Start dates:||June – August 2022|
|Course length:||3 weeks|
|Class size:||Maximum 12 students|
|Lessons (hours):||25 (22.9 hours) Monday to Friday|
|Fees include:||Tuition, accommodation, meals, travel insurance, activities, sports & 2 excursions per week|
|Timetable:||Intensive English sample timetable|
|Course content:||Our teaching approach follows a Theme-of-the-Week|
|Optional extras:||Airport transfers|
|Terms & Conditions|
Our Intensive English is a stimulating English course that prepares you for IELTS or Cambridge exams
Key benefits include:
- Develop confidence in exams: Our Intensive English course prepares you for exam success through skills development, exam tips and practise
- Prepares you for academic study: Develops study skills including critical thinking, essay writing, research report writing, presentation skills and debate techniques
- Personal project: Our project focusses on enhancing your research skills which encourages you to become a more independent, academic learner, and supports your progression to further study
- Topical themes: Our Theme-of-the-Week provides a structured approach to your exam preparation
- Interactive learning approaches: Benefit from study visits to academic resources in Oxford, and gain insight from dynamic and inspiring external Guest Speakers working in a range of fields
- Encouragement and support: Our 3 week summer course for teenagers provides a supportive and engaging environment for you to thrive
- International classrooms: Study, learn, discover new cultures, and make friends from around the world
- Learn in small groups: Our quality academic programme helps you develop your English language skills through small class sizes of 12 students
- Innovative learning resources: Our invaluable e-book platform, supports your learning, as it encourages reading fluency and vocabulary acquisition
- More than studying: Our academic programme includes enjoyable activities outside the classroom including sports and excursions to cities like London, as well as world heritage sites and theme parks
- Beautiful location: Live in the world-famous student city of Oxford
- Equipment for the course: You must bring your own laptop or tablet
A member of the English UK specialist group for Young Learners
Book your English language exam
If you plan to take an exam in Oxford then you will need to book independently at Cambridge English.
Summer courses price list and dates
Our summer course package for teenagers
Our teenager course prices include tuition, accommodation, meals, insurance, activities, sports and 1 excursion per week.
Quarantine package for teenagers
We look forward to welcoming you to Oxford this summer. For those that need to quarantine, we have set up 2 quarantine arrival days – 01 July and 15 July. These students will need to purchase an additional 10 day quarantine package which includes:
- 15 hours English & Culture (10 hours live online classes + 5 hours self-study)
- Access to the residential house garden where you are staying
- Evening COVID safe activities online
- Make friends with students in the same bubble
- Access to protective equipment like face masks and hand sanitisers
- Accommodation in our college residence
- Welfare support – daily call or chat with our staff
- Full board – meals delivered to your room
- Price for 10 days is £590
After the quarantine period face-to-face teaching resumes. We would like to reassure you that our current precautions have already reduced the risks within the school environment. Our COVID web page includes the latest updates. We have also put together Covid-19 FAQs to help you plan for your visit.
Summer course enquiry
Please fill in this form to submit an enquiry on our Intensive English course.
You may also wish to get in touch to arrange a campus tour or find out what it is like to live and study in the city of Oxford.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Back to top ^